Topics Adolescent Issues
  Topics Adolescent Issues

Adolescent Issues

Find latest answers to Adolescent Issues questions, Adolescent Issues articles, Adolescent Issues news and clinic/doctors who deal with Adolescent Issues.

I have an irregular heart beat that on occasion has been making my chest feel like someone is poking it. The poking pain feeling only occurs in a single location (right side of my sternum next to my nipple) and goes away in a few seconds. Went to the ER but the blood tests found nothing. This has been going on since 8pm Tuesday. I had issues sleeping until my wife came in, and when she laid down next to me I fell asleep. I have no issue staying asleep. Also, I have little to no appetite and I also have to burp a lot.

Hi, For the symptoms you are presenting, we need to rule out the presence of angina in such a situation since you have told me that your blood tests revealed nothing. I also hope that you must have got an ECG done(which can only rule out presence of any heart disease). Excessive burping and such symptoms can also be due to gerd(gastro esophageal reflux disease). First of all you will have to rule out any associated heart disease,since you are in high risk group(diabetic,mildly hypertensive). ...

Read Complete Answer

Hi , My dad is 68 years old.He is diabetic and suffering from blood pessure. Also he has Sleep apnea issues..Offlate he is sleeping excessively, speaks while sleeping and also speaks assuming that a person is nearby (while the person is nt in the vicinity)..What can be the reason for the same?..A friend of mine asked me to check sodium levels..If that has to be tested , should that be done before fasting...

Hi, You told me that your father is having hallucinations(he sees what is not there actually),these are commonly seen due to hyperosmolar, hyperglycemic , nonketotic syndromes. The cause of hallucination is usually rapid rise in blood sugar.(the cause might be some exisiting infection in body). I have never heard of hallucination due to electrolyte imbalance,however you may get it checked as(electrolyte imbalance) definitely can cause confusion. Rest if he has very high blood sugar, dehydrat ...

Read Complete Answer

Hi, I want go for mri scan for entire much is the cost.I used get pain in the right side stomach suddenly,i went for colonoscopy but results came noraml.I generally i will goto washroom as soon as i took the food, it will happen at least once in a day like after breakfast or lucnh etc. once i fallen from bike after six months it happened i used get pain in right shoulder it will come and go.I used to throat infection frequently. from two years on wards i am suffering these kind of issues,i used go doctor they will antibiotics they will right some blood test it will come normal, i want to know where exactly my problem please suggest.

Hi, You have written about multiple problems.Let us talk one by one. Regarding MRI whole body scan -it may cost approximately 10,000-15000/-rupees. Your upset stomach appears to be either a chronic bacterial or parasitic infection,which should respond well with adequate hygenic measures and short course of medication.Stress often known or hidden contributes in causing or worsening such symptoms. Aches and pains could be reflexion of an inadequately treated injury or associated anemia,vitami ...

Read Complete Answer

Hi doctor, I am suferening from over weight issues . what is the possible solution for my problem . Is there any products that I can throrghly rely on . I daily go for jog

Hi, You did not tell me about height and weight,basic solution always lies in dieting and proper work out plan,the diet has to be termed and counted in number of calories only then you can loose weight and work out plan would be better if you join a gym. Drugs can be given to reduce obesity but they would also work only if you work out. Drugs can be prescribed only after examination. ...

Read Complete Answer

hi i am a 24 year old girl . my height is 134 cm ( 4feet 4inches) i have been taking growth flex v pro ( l-arginine and ornithinine ) for past one month on bed time and have noticed about 1.5 cm diffrence in height in few weeks . i would like to know is there any side effect of it . and i also consulted a doctor my spine is in really bad shape and i have a very bad posture and im obese. 63kg. my doctor said me that if my posture is improved and spine is straiter i may be additional 2-3 inches taller as my spine is curved ( like a opposite ' C" SHAPE ) pushing my hips out from behind and also a round slouched shoulder . I have started doing lots of exercise to lose weight and yoga to correct my posture 2 hours of intense streches everyday. will it help me ? is taking a arginine and ornithinie safe ? since iv already taken for a month and noticed diffrence . i also take calcium n magnesium zinc to strenghten my bones. please tell me will doing all these help me gain atleast 1-2 inches. my parents are quite tall both above 5.8. i dont have any other issues and my blood works are all fine no thyroid , no cholestrol no pco . my periods are regular . pls help doctor.

Hi, Most common cause of small height is inherited from parents,but since your parents have a good height i would recommend you to get your hormonal tests like growth hormone or consult an endocrinologist because they might be really helpful to you,since your height is to small as compared to your parents. The problem can also be related to your spine but spine can never make such a big difference to your height. The tablet you are taking is fine and can be taken for a few months,you should avo ...

Read Complete Answer

i am female with a weight of 110 kgs, and dont have any medical issues apart from this, few months ago my gyno prescribed me with Hyponidd and glycomet as my fasting insulin is little bit on hihger side. i am trying to get pregnant. this month i have not got my periods. my LMP was 28th June

Hi, If you have missed your periods then go for urine pregnancy test first,to confirm pregnancy. Since how long are you facing this problem ? Describe your menstural cycle in detail in days and cycle length and and periods and and flow. She gave you drugs for diabets or may be you have pcod. Now what is your query exactky ? ...

Read Complete Answer

I am 38 years of age and never had any issues with acne growing up. At age 35 I started experiencing a lot of acne on the lower cheek and chin, pustular type acne under the skin that would last for a weeks. What could be causing this at my age?

Hello, That would depend on whether you're a man or woman. For women hormonal changes are common the mid-thirties and this is amongst the commonest triggers for acne. There is also another type of acne called 'Adult Onset Acne' and this is seen in both men and women. This has no well defined cause but recent location change to a more polluted city, make-up use, comedogenic personal care products, dietary factors and oral medications can all be responsible. Please note that the information I ha ...

Read Complete Answer

Total Views: 1 I am 38 years of age and never had any issues with acne growing up. At age 35 I started experiencing a lot of acne on the lower cheek and chin, pustular type acne under the skin that would last for a weeks. What could be causing this at my age?

Hello, That would depend on whether you are a man or woman. Women are much more prone to what is known as 'Adult Onset Acne' - like you have have - and the reason for this is commonly hormonal changes in the body. After hormonal testing this kind of acne is often best managed with oral contraceptive or anti-androgen pills. Please note that the information I have provided is for general purposes only and does not establish a patient-doctor relationships. No prescription cream or tablet should b ...

Read Complete Answer

Dr. Puneet Madan

  • General Physician
  •  New Delhi, India
  •  1429 Doc Points

Dr. Vivek Nair

  • Dermatologist
  •  Gurgaon, India
  •  836 Doc Points

Dr. Manushree Gupta

  • Psychiatrist
  •  New Delhi, India
  •  504 Doc Points

Dr. Sailaja Pisapati

  • Psychologist
  •  Hyderabad, India
  •  203 Doc Points

Dr. Rangeeth Nammalwar

  • Dentist
  •  Chennai, India
  •  238 Doc Points

Dr. Chakrapani Bhardwaj

  • Internal Medicine
  •  Ghaziabad, India
  •  105 Doc Points

Dr. Pravakar Mishra

  • Pediatrician
  •  Bhubaneswar, India
  •  100 Doc Points

Dr. jayalakshmi rajesh

  • Pediatrician
  •  Chennai, India
  •  117 Doc Points

Dr. Niraj Mahajan

  • Obstetrician and Gynecologist
  •  Mumbai, India
  •  148 Doc Points

Dr. Kasturi d

  • Gynecologist
  •  Hubli, India
  •  101 Doc Points