Healcon.com : Connected Healthcare Software
Healcon.com : Connected Healthcare Software
  I wonder if you could give dir

Total Views: 665

I wonder if you could give direction I dont know whether to go to the doctor or the dentist? I broke a crown about 3mths ago, whicht he dentist sorted out for me but about a mth later I developed a cold and my crown became so sensitive I couldnt close my mouth it felt like it had a pulse and the bone was rejecting the post. after googling I realised it could very well be a sinus infection and got a 10 day course of anitbiotics which helped immensley, but the gum where it connects to the cheek pulses and if I run my finger over the spot I feel as though I am getting an electric shock. It was fine if i didnt touch it but over the last few days the pain has come back and a lump is developing and spreading. the pain is in my cheek bone and around my eye socket, I had a root canal on this tooth over 10 years ago with no problems and the tooth has no odour or any leakage around it

PAST HISTORY : good health

4 Answers

Dear Patient, Your problem is related to oral cavity and the right place to go is the dentist. Since a Root canal was done 10 years back and had been trouble free so long it may not be the cause. The cause may be periodontal involvement and spreading of infection of the same tooth or adjacent one. Since your tooth seems to be extruding and you could not close your mouth normally it indicates that periapical infection and periodontal involvement. After xrays & clinical evaluation an surgical removal of the Infection at the root tips can be performed depending on the tooth

Follow Dr. Mansuri's advice. Also additionally get a PNS X-ray to check for sinusitis. Ask your dentist to evaluate for vertical fracture of the tooth. If that's the case then the tooth will need an extraction

An intra oral periapical radiogragh of the area associated with the tooth will make clear whether there is periapical infection with the tooth. if so a re root canal will be needed


Your problem seems to be primarily dental.
I wolud recommend you to visit the dental proffesional an make an x ray..
From wat history you hav provided it seems the nerve has been damaged and there is infection, pus, developed below the tooth.. hence the wierd senstion... sinus infection may or may not be related to the tooth..
sp kindly visit the dr and take his opinion.

If your tooth is fine, post opinion from dr, u may need to visit an ENT...

Have a similar question? Ask our top doctors now !
Doctors Related to
Articles Related to
Get Answer from online doctors now !

Ask Doctor Online 24/7

Verified Panel of Certified Doctors
Complete Privacy, Stay Anonymous
Full Satisfaction Guaranteed

By proceeding i accept Terms and Conditions

11 Doctors online to answer your health query now! 11 Doctors online !

Explore Related Answers By Doctors
Top Related Questions
My father is 78 years old and has been suffering from constipation for the last 2 years. He has also lost a lot of weight around 10 kgs in this time span. In the last couple of months he has been complaining that his abdominal muscles have torn due to bowel straining and now he says there is loss of muscle in his stomach area. Which is why when he lies down everything is fine but when he sits up and walks around he feels like he is carrying a weight in his stomach. After intake of food it becomes worse and he also gets bloating. We have done all possible tests - colonoscopy, CT scan, ultrasound sometime last year and everything was clear. The doctors gave a verdict of idiopathic constipation and left it at that. His blood work is fine, haemoglobin levels, cholestrol etc. He still suffers from constipation. His prostrate is enlarged but results are fine. What is the solution to his stomach muscle problem ? Is it lack of exercise, lack of protein ? He doesnt have a pot belly and has never had and had always been physically active and fairly slender.
1 Answer
I had a fall 6 months ago . Broke some cartage in my knee. My knee does a fast give out when I am walking. dont know what it is. Now I got told i have tendonitis of the ankle. It is so pain full. What is causing this and what can be done to help me. The doctor said I will some day need knee surgery and foot surgery to fuse all my bone toes together. He does not know why my knee on the out side gives a fast snap and gives out. Hop you can help me. Thank you Candie
1 Answer
My left wisdom tooth has been growing in side ways, but has not been able to come in fully. It started hurting about two days ago. I did not think anything of it and thought it was just growing in more. There was a flap of skin/gum covering part of the tooth. When I went to brush my teeth this morning, I noticed that part of it (underneath where the skin covered before) was now a blackish color. I got a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes only on the left side of my throat around the same time my tooth started hurting. Are these related? I have a dentist appointment in a week. Is there anything I can do to help it to make it better or ease the pain? It hurts to chew on that side of my mouth and it hurts when I swallow. Will my tooth be okay until I get to the dentist and what will be done by the dentist? Do you think my tooth is infected? Will I have to take antibiotics?
2 Answers
Dear Sir/Madam, I have had intercourse with my boyfriend 5 months back and had abortion pills by consulting a Doctor online. Now my problem is im getting married next month and scare with all these problems because my boyfriend is no more with me he had left me and my parents have fixed my marriage dates to some other person im in a critical situation to handle all the problems. I cant tel my partner that i had intercourse I had abortion pills so is there any problem in getting pregnant again or not I have not gone for any kind of checkup as off now I have itching in my vaginal area. I dont no its due to (wetness in the area or white discharge or any infection coz im using a common toilet in college) My white discharge is white in color and not in any other color. its in liquid form.. It comes 5 to 6 drops a day or sometimes may be little bit more or little.... Please help me out with all the questions i have been worrying about. My mind is totally upset due to all this problems. I need to go for a checkup but im scare to go for a checkup can you please suggest a doctor in Coimbatore,TamilNadu
2 Answers
Copyright © 2014, Healcon Labs Pvt. Ltd..All Rights Reserved
Trends -