Topics Addiction Medicine
  Topics Addiction Medicine

Addiction Medicine

Find latest answers to Addiction Medicine questions, Addiction Medicine articles, Addiction Medicine news and clinic/doctors who deal with Addiction Medicine.

Doctor my mother aged 63yrs have DVT. When scanned the report says following; 1- grey scale imaging shows enlarge diameter of Common Femoral Vein (CFV) & Superficial Fomoral Vein (SFV). 2- Color Doppler reveals non-fillilng of external lilac vein on the left side. Partial filling of colour is seen in the left CFV & SFV. The Popliteal vein does not show any colour filling. The Peroneal and Posterior Tibial veins are filling with the colour. Anterior tibial vein could not be identified on colour Doppler. 3- Doppler imaging shows mid respiratory plasticity in CFV. There is very poor Response to distal augmentation in the CFV. 4- Great Saphenous vein is Patent. IMPRESSION- Deep vein thrombosis in lower limb involving External lliac vein, CFV,SFV & Popliteal vein, and possibly Anterior Tibial Veins. There is partial recanalisation of CFV & SFV. Posterior Tibial and Peroneal veins are patent. Suggested clinical correlation. Scan copy added to the medical record in the profole. that the above is the report of the radiologist now what medicine you prescribe ,how to take and when to review the report? .whether the same will be cure or the patient should be in medicine for life long,what are the immediate risk?

Hi, The Doppler examination shows a thrombus in the deep veins with partial recanalization. This suggests that the thrombus is of a chronic nature. The Doppler can be repeated after one month of treatment to see residual thrombus. We do not provide any prescription. For this you have to visit an internal medicine specialist. Feel free to ask more questions. ...

Read Complete Answer

Control Over Masturbation Addiction i had tried many times but i failed is any way or drug which could get control it please help me i really want to stop it .......

Hi, There are no drugs to control masturbation or anything it is just a matter of self control. Try out the following steps 1) Try and keep your self busy,may be in any work at home ,outside,sports be it anything that will divert your mind 2) Try not looking at porn at all and try deleting it out from every place like mobile and tablets,this is very important 3) Try joining a gym or continuing with gym or may be do some aerobic exercises 4) Try out yoga 5) If masturbation occurs at a paticular ...

Read Complete Answer

I feel i am a sex addict...i need to remove it from my side....kindly help..any medicines available to remove sex addiction?

Hi, There are a very few people who actually know that they are addicts to sex,and want to leave it voluntarily by themselves. Non medical ways to leave sex 1)try indulging in other activities like sports or any of your other hobbies 2)try doing every morning yoga 3)try getting away from pornographic material in any form 4)try making more friends in same sex 5)do regular physical work out 6)try reading books(may be some literature or some kind of religious books) 7)avoid staying alone for a few ...

Read Complete Answer

I have a habit of musterbating atleast twice in a day or after i watch any porn videos or if sex materials. Is this habit causes serious problems? if yes then what kind of problems? how to quit this habit properly? is there any medicine available to help quitting this habit? if yes than is that medicine available in the market or medical stores?

Hi, You have asked me two questions, the answer to your first question is that excessive masturbation can reduce libido in some people(so it can have worse effects) after marriage and doing excessive masturbation is not good for your health.To quit this habit there is no drug and you just have to control your self by self control and involving your self and keeping your self busy in other activities.Refrain your self from porn material. The answer to your second query is that such pains can ...

Read Complete Answer

I am suffering from orchitis swallon (left) testicles problem since 1 year. I am taking homeopathy medicine but it is not cure yet. Due to this the other testicles also some times create pain. Pl. prescribe some medicine for cure.

if u live in an endemic area,or have travelled to one,it might be filarial.U wud need a suspensory bandage to support the testicle,ucan get it from a local store.1 yr is a long period,by now u shouldnt be having pain.Go for a CBC, PP Sugar and a USG both the reports ...

Read Complete Answer

Dr. Opinder Singh Thind

  • Dentist
  •  Noida, India
  •  1017 Doc Points

Dr. N H

  • Health & Wellness Expert
  •  New Delhi, India
  •  458 Doc Points

Dr. Puneet Madan

  • General Physician
  •  New Delhi, India
  •  1430 Doc Points

Dr. Vivek Nair

  • Dermatologist
  •  Gurgaon, India
  •  838 Doc Points

Dr. Manushree Gupta

  • Psychiatrist
  •  New Delhi, India
  •  506 Doc Points

Dr. Gladson Uchil

  • ENT
  •  Bangalore, India
  •  242 Doc Points

Dr. Naveen Arya

  • Ayurvedic Medicine
  •  Amritsar, India
  •  183 Doc Points


  • Sexologist
  •  New Delhi, India
  •  236 Doc Points

Dr. Parth Mankad

  • Homeopathist
  •  Ahmedabad, India
  •  437 Doc Points

Dr. Sanjay Pandey

  • Homeopathist
  •  Kolkata, India
  •  250 Doc Points