1. My grand daughter 2 yrs of age having severe lose motion or diarrhea for the last 4 days and passing watery yellowish stool every 5 to 10 minutes. Had slight temperature max 101.5 Deg F, for the first two days. Now there is no temperature.
2. She is being hydrated and has been passing urine occasionally. She is 11kg by weight.
3. Urine and stool tests have been carried out. There is no infection.
4. Urine : Albumin- Trace, Ketone Bodies-Present +, Red Bllod Cells-Absent, Puss Cell-4-5/HPF, Epithelial Cells-2-3/HPF
5. Stool: reducing substances- Present +, Puss cells – 2-3/HPF, Epithelial cells-Occasional. (Oval Cysts not seen)
6. Local doctor says she will be all right but her watery stool continues unabated and we are extremely worried. She is losing her body weight and becoming cranky. Her skin around anus has become swollen & reddish.
7. She has been put on liquid O2 Suspension from today (Ofloxacin and Orindazole)
8. Please let us know:
a. How can we stop the lose motion of such high frequency.
b. Is O2 has some side effect? Do you suggest any other medicine
c. Is it normal that such watery stool can continue for such log time?
d. Please advice what should be done now.